Tuesday 6 October 2015

The Non-Vow Express..

I'm thinking about the 2005 film "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Arthur Dent is caught up in an adventure that basically is aimed at finding the meaning of life. Reflection and searching are synonymous with living. We should add a "reflection and searching" day to the week. We often embark on these self-reflective and self-discovery pilgrimages to obtain some kind of answer that will give us a guarantee.

Having been married for thirteen years and making the decision that I want out from the marriage has sent both my husband of thirteen years and myself on a journey. A journey that has allowed me, for the first time in my life, to experience a roller-coaster ride. Except this ride has not been fun or exciting and the candy-floss has been no where in sight when all I have wanted to do is hang out in a candy-floss cloud, hiding from each forthcoming minute that will in all certainty cause more stomach queasiness.

While on this roller-coaster ride, I have come to understand that to have an idea of someone does not ensure long lasting love and also having an idea of someone will in all likelihood be one of the reasons why a lack of trust and disappointment permeate the life-long promise that was made. An idea can be a spark that leads to something of value, but it will never be able to be the value. The value is - what is real. Seeing our intimate partner for who they really are and loving them for who they really are...is one step closer to having long lasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment