Sunday 7 June 2015

A Slice of Magic...

Over the years I have come to realise that us humans all have some sort of battle we have to face. Sometimes being a parent is not all butterflies and roses. Our children don't always respond to our advice the way we would like them too. 

For example, I have two very active boys and after a long, busy day at work, fighting traffic to catch the end of a rugby or netball match and then getting home to cook dinner for a famished family - the last things I feel like having too much of is high-pitched shrills and kids throwing tantrums because bikes aren't allowed on the wooden floors and it's dark outside. 

I could just cut a large slice of chocolate ganache cake and hope the delight I am feeling from eating the cake will veil away the hypoventilation I feel as a result of being in the middle of a frightening kids stampede. Instead I reach for magnesium  oil. Magnesium oil has made me believe that magic does exist. A bit in the evening bath or rubbing some oil onto little tummies can make for a more tranquil environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment